Once you have completed your guard card training course and passed the test, you must first print out your certificate for showing proof of completion and submit this with your application for a guard card. You can apply for your guard card, either online at the Bureau’s website at www.breeze.ca.gov, or by postal mail using the following application: Guard Card Application
Tips When Filling Out Your Application
- Certificate of Completion Serial Number: Located on the certificate you printed out lower right-hand corner is where you will find your Certificate of Completion Serial Number: PWMD #
- School/Business Name Where Training Completed: OSOS Security Services Training Facility Inc.
- BSIS License/Certificate/Approval Number: #1447
- School/Business Phone Number: (415) 519-3549
Get your fingerprints taken at a LiveScan location (UPS stores do LiveScans). The LiveScan application can be found on the Bureau's Website at Live Scan Application The LiveScan operator will also collect the fees required to pay for your FBI and DOJ background checks.
Tips When Filling Out Your Live Scan
- 'SOC' means Social Security Number
- Leave section 'ATI' number blank this gets filled out by the FBI
- If not employed you must put 'Self-Employed' do not leave blank
- Make sure to keep a copy of your live scan and receipt for your records
Once you receive your guard card, you are required to complete an additional 32 hours of education within six months from the date of issuance of the registrant card.
The first 16 hours are composed of four mandatory classes:
- Public Relations (Community & Customer)
- Observation & Documentation
- Communication and its Significance
- Liability / Legal Aspects
The remaining 16 hours of education is composed of electives, such as:
- Handling Difficult People (4 hours)
- Officer Safety (4 hours)
- Arrest, Search & Seizure ( 4 hours)
- Trespass (4 hours)
The requirement to complete 8 hours of continued education begins the second year after your initial hire date.
By completing two 4 hour courses, you can fulfill the annual requirement. Our courses meet the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services training requirements for Security Guard Continued Education and comply with the Business and Professional Code Section 7583.6 and 7583.7 and Title 16 of the California Code of Regulations.
To make completing these continuing education requirements easier, OSOS Security Services has combined them into available online bundle packages. A certificate is issued upon satisfactory completion of a required course conducted by B.S.I.S requirements.